At the Blue Cross Animal Hospital we believe in giving back to our local and global community. We hope that our donations help to enrich the lives of others (furry and human) as much as it does our own.
Here are few ways we have contributed:
- Participation in the SPCA trap, neuter, release program. This program is aimed at reducing the stray cat population in Hamilton. Feral (non-adoptable) cats are brought to the clinic where we neuter/spay, vaccinate, microchip and give them flea/deworming treatment before they are released back into their colony.
- Participant in the Rabies Voucher Program.
- Participation in the Locke Street Festival. Our booth held a raffle, face painting and silent auction to raise money for the Pet Trust Foundation. This foundation raises money to fund research in animal health to better the lives of our furry family members.
- Fort Mc Murray wildfire donations. 100kg of dog food and 50kg of cat food were sent to help feed the pets not able to be evacuated with their families.
- Kids hockey team sponsorship. Sponsor the Coronation Bengals hockey team on a yearly basis.
- Grand River Conservation Foundation. Donations made to the Memorial Forest tree planting program to create a greener future for the next generation.
- Donation to support the Hospital Activity book for Children. This program provides free activity books to children in local hospitals.
- Children’s Miracle Foundation. Donated a basket as a raffle prize.
- Wesley Urban Center. Donated holiday pet gift baskets to spread joy among our furry friends.